We are pleased to announce OpenLP 1.9.6 "Enflaming Elijah", also known
as 2.0 beta 2. Download it, it is AWESOME!
Since the release of beta 1, we have encouraged users to download and
use OpenLP 2.0 instead of openlp.org 1.2. This means that OpenLP 2.0 has
been put through its paces, and people have been testing it by using it
in their services. Of course this opens us up to the discovery of bugs
and we have fixed a large number of those as well as introduced a number
of improvements. Much to our pleasant surprise, there were actually
fewer bugs than we were expecting.
If you have any problems setting up or using OpenLP, please read the
manual as well as the Frequently Asked Questions. Bug reports can be
sent to bugs(at)openlp.org, and queries not addressed by the FAQ or the
manual can be sent to support(at)openlp.org.
This release brings many performance and stability improvements. But not
only that, it also includes a number of new features:
- Customisable shortcuts
- Service printing can be tailored via a CSS file
- Start and stop media at selected times
- Open services files in OpenLP by double clicking on them on most
- Prevent two copies of OpenLP running at the same time
- Virtual page breaks
- Search for Custom Slides
- A progress bar when loading and saving Service files
- Web remote improvements:
- Search for, and go live on an item
- Search for, and add an item to the service
- Stage view
Other improvements and over one hundred bug fixes, including:
- Various Mac OS X specific fixes
- Reworked the Bibles for better language support
- Bug fixes in the song importer
- Numerous UI improvements
- Startup performance enhancements on Windows
- Display screen rendering performance enhancements
- PowerPoint and LibreOffice integration improvements
A full list can be found on our project site:
- HTML is not allowed in songs/custom slides anymore, it will be
displayed as normal text. If you would like to embed your own HTML,
you can use display tags instead.
- In order to make use of the Bible improvements, Bibles will need to
be upgraded. This will be automatic when OpenLP starts after the
upgrade. Note that this will take some time so do not do this upgrade
5 minutes before a service starts!
- Upgraded Bibles are incompatible with older versions of OpenLP!
- In order to fix searching for apostrophes, a re-indexing of the songs
is necessary. Go to Tools -> Re-Index Songs to do so.
- JPEG support on OS X is still an issue, but we're hoping to have it
resolved in the next release.
- There is a Snow Leopard build in the works.
Finally, you can download OpenLP by going to the Download page and
clicking on the installer for your operating system.
Don't forget to Like the OpenLP page on Facebook, retweet OpenLP's
tweets, and tell everyone you know about OpenLP!
For this reason, ever since I heard about your faith in the Lord
Jesus and your love for all God’s people, I have not stopped giving
thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers. I keep asking that
the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you
the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him
better. I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in
order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the
riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people, and his
incomparably great power for us who believe.
Ephesians 1:15-19a (English Standard Version)
God bless, the OpenLP team