We are very proud to announce the first release candidate for OpenLP 2.0, codename "Admirable Anna". This new release, version 1.9.10, is a preview of what the final version of OpenLP will look like. This release does not contain any major new features, and mostly consists of bug fixes and minor enhancements. There will be no more development on features in this version, all new development will happen in the next version of OpenLP.
Minor features and enhancements in OpenLP 1.9.10
- OpenLP now has a portable version in PortableApps.com form
- Users can now set a custom location for their data files
- DreamBeam song importer
- PowerSong importer
- ZionWorx CSV song importer
- Improved rendering times
- Keep/restore selected book, chapters and verses when changing the bible translation in advanced search
- Added a dialog to edit metadata of Bibles, and additional language options.
- UI and usability improvements to the web remote
Major bugs fixed in OpenLP 1.9.10:
- The new BibleGateway web site was causing issues with the web Bible importer
- OpenLP did not exit properly on some Windows systems
- Disabled VLC integration on FreeBSD due to it not being supported by VLC
- Theme wizard now uses the current output display geometry when creating a thumbnail for a theme
- Fixed a problem where newly imported Bibles would throw an error
- Fixed most of the issues surrounding the progress bar for videos
When using song imports, if the filename or its folder contains non-ascii characters, then this may cause a crash. A workaround is to rename the file/use a different folder with plain a-z characters. Only affects imports from openlp.org 1.x, OpenLP 2.0, EasySlides, EasyWorship, PowerSong, and ZionWorx.
Getting Ready for the Final Release of OpenLP 2.0
Are you a web designer? Do you know Drupal? We need you!
We're looking for a web designer who knows Drupal to redesign our web site for the upcoming OpenLP 2.0 launch later this year. We will be upgrading the web site to Drupal 7, and moving our forums over to Vanilla Forums, so we need someone who at least has experience with Drupal 7, and possibly experience with Vanilla Forums too. The theme needs to be based on our new logo and the colour scheme that goes with it. We can provide you with the SVG file, and any other help you need.
We're also looking for some people who can help maintain the site. This isn't a huge job, thanks to Drupal, but we do need folks who can troubleshoot any bugs that arise (there have been a couple since our recent upgrade to Drupal 6), and update the Drupal installation with newer versions of modules and the Drupal core when new minor releases come out.
Some people have also mentioned having regional release parties, similar to the Ubuntu Linux release parties. Please go ahead and try to organise a release party in your area, to celebrate the long-awaited final release of OpenLP 2.0. Release parties don't have to be anything fancy, just a couple of folk meeting somewhere to celebrate the new release of OpenLP 2.0 in a few months.
There was also a prophet, Anna, the daughter of Penuel, of the tribe of Asher. She was very old; she had lived with her husband seven years after her marriage, and then was a widow until she was eighty-four. She never left the temple but worshiped night and day, fasting and praying. Coming up to them at that very moment, she gave thanks to God and spoke about the child to all who were looking forward to the redemption of Jerusalem.
Luke 2:36-38 NIV