Update: Instructions on how to test your translation out have been added to the bottom of this blog post.
This is the final call for all translators. If you wish to have OpenLP in your langauge you need to have completed the translation of OpenLP on the Transifex site *by midnight UTC (GMT) on Friday the 23rd of November 2012*.
Because we believe strongly in quality over quantity at OpenLP, we will not be including any translations that are incomplete into the final build. This means that if you want your language to be part of the final release of version 2.0, you need to make sure it is 100% done by the end of Friday the 23rd. This deadline also gives you just over a week to complete any outstanding translations.
Currently, the following translations are more than 85% complete, but still need some work (ordered from most complete to least complete). My estimate is that none of these should take longer than an hour to complete.
The following translations are between 20% and 65% complete. Unless these are worked on this week, they probably won't make it into the final release of OpenLP.
- Chinese (Taiwan)
Lastly, the following translations are less than 10% complete. If any of these translations makes it into the final release, I will be very surprised. These translations seem to have been abandoned by their translators.
- Chinese (China)
- Korean (Korea)
- Spanish (Chile)
Testing Out Your Translation
To test your translation out, do the following:
- Make sure you are running the latest nightly build
- Install Qt Linguist Windows and OS X users can download Qt Linguist from here: http://code.google.com/p/qtlinguistdownload/downloads/list Ubuntu, Fedora, and other Linux and Unix users can install Qt Linguist from their package manager
- Download the language file from Transifex
- Open it in Qt Linguist
- Open the File menu, select "Release" and save the resulting release file with only your language code as the file name (see Transifex for your language code)
- Copy the release file to OpenLP's i18n directory Windows: C:\Program Files\OpenLP\i18n or C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenLP\i18n Mac OS X: /Applications/OpenLP.app/Contents/MacOS/i18n/ Linux: /usr/share/openlp/i18n/ *BSD: /usr/local/share/openlp/i18n/
- (Re)start Openlp and select your language