We are pleased to announce OpenLP 1.9.6 "Enflaming Elijah", also known as 2.0 beta 2. Download it, it is AWESOME!
Since the release of beta 1, we have encouraged users to download and use OpenLP 2.0 instead of openlp.org 1.2. This means that OpenLP 2.0 has been put through its paces, and people have been testing it by using it in their services. Of course this opens us up to the discovery of bugs and we have fixed a large number of those as well as introduced a number of improvements. Much to our pleasant surprise, there were actually fewer bugs than we were expecting.
If you have any problems setting up or using OpenLP, please read the manual as well as the Frequently Asked Questions. Bug reports can be sent to bugs(at)openlp.org, and queries not addressed by the FAQ or the manual can be sent to support(at)openlp.org.
This release brings many performance and stability improvements. But not only that, it also includes a number of new features:
- Customisable shortcuts
- Service printing can be tailored via a CSS file
- Start and stop media at selected times
- Open services files in OpenLP by double clicking on them on most platforms
- Prevent two copies of OpenLP running at the same time
- Virtual page breaks
- Search for Custom Slides
- A progress bar when loading and saving Service files
- Web remote improvements:
- Search for, and go live on an item
- Search for, and add an item to the service
- Stage view
Other improvements and over one hundred bug fixes, including:
- Various Mac OS X specific fixes
- Reworked the Bibles for better language support
- Bug fixes in the song importer
- Numerous UI improvements
- Startup performance enhancements on Windows
- Display screen rendering performance enhancements
- PowerPoint and LibreOffice integration improvements
A full list can be found on our project site: https://launchpad.net/openlp/trunk/1.9.6
- HTML is not allowed in songs/custom slides anymore, it will be displayed as normal text. If you would like to embed your own HTML, you can use display tags instead.
- In order to make use of the Bible improvements, Bibles will need to be upgraded. This will be automatic when OpenLP starts after the upgrade. Note that this will take some time so do not do this upgrade 5 minutes before a service starts!
- Upgraded Bibles are incompatible with older versions of OpenLP!
- In order to fix searching for apostrophes, a re-indexing of the songs is necessary. Go to Tools -> Re-Index Songs to do so.
- JPEG support on OS X is still an issue, but we're hoping to have it resolved in the next release.
- There is a Snow Leopard build in the works.
Finally, you can download OpenLP by going to the Download page and clicking on the installer for your operating system.
Don't forget to Like the OpenLP page on Facebook, retweet OpenLP's tweets, and tell everyone you know about OpenLP!
For this reason, ever since I heard about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all God’s people, I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers. I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people, and his incomparably great power for us who believe.
Ephesians 1:15-19a (English Standard Version)
God bless, the OpenLP team